Tuesday 31 May 2011

It's cold

Yeah I keep hearing all the time how warm it is in Finland. And here, in the land of sun, it's freezing. I think most of the people I know think that Australia is warm and sunny all year round. Well it's not. And especially when the houses are very poorly insulated, you really feel the cold.

I've got my ugg boots to keep me warm, but little missy didn't have anything, but socks so she definitely needed something to keep her little feet warm.



















This time I didn't even want to try to take a picture of her having these on, considering how it turned out last time. The instructions for these booties can be found here (it's a ravelry link so you need to sign in to see the pattern). It was really easy and I like the way they turned out. Now I wanna make more.

Also since it's officially Autumn here I had to make apple pie, because that's what you do in Autumn. (My head is all confused at the moment because after Autumn comes Winter and that's when Christmas is, so I'm already thinking what I could do for Christmas. It's very quite weird.)



















This apple pie is SO good. Those in Finland or if you understand Finnish, this is the recipe. And for the others I'll translate the recipe and change the measurements into cups:

Ingredients:

200g margarine or butter (I used butter)
1/2 cup of sugar
1 1/4 cup of flour
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp vanillin sugar
2-3 apples
sugar and cinnamon

1. Melt the butter and mix the sugar in.

2. Add the flour (not baking powder yet). The dough should be a bit moist. Take about 1/4 cup of dough aside at this stage (you'll put it over the pie at the end).

3. Add the egg, the milk, the baking powder and the vanillin sugar in the dough and mix well.

4. You can use either an oven tray or a pie dis. Oil it or use baking paper. Pour the dough in (the dough should be a bit runny).

5. Peel and slice the apples and put them in the dish.

6. Sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon to the top. Sprinkle also the dough you took aside earlier.

7. Bake in 200 degrees for about 30 minutes.

8. Enjoy, it's super yummy!


I've made it twice and it's gotten only good reviews, so have a go and let me know what you thought!

3 comments:

  1. Your little knitted boots look so cute - hope you enjoy your first winter in Australia. Your apple pie recipe looks delicious - must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voi että kun nyt niin haluttaa omppupiirakkaa.. voih... On kyllä ihan sikamaisen kylmä tällä hetkellä. Meilläkin on patterit päällä koko ajan. Ei ole kyllä kiva odotella sitten sähkölaskua. kääk!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a super lovely comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails