Thursday 21 April 2011

An owl and Cleo the cat


For a long time I didn't understand what is the thing about having tags on every side of the toy. I obviously needed my own child to understand how awesome it is. When ever a bought toy would have a tag, it was the tag that was more interesting than the toy. So I wanted to try how it would work if I made a rag with tags on each side.

It worked like magic! Emma was pulling them, tasting them, turning the rag around and looking very carefully on all of those tags. (And by know you're probably wondering where's the rag since the owl blanket doesn't really look like a rag with tags.) I made the owl and I didn't want to make it into a rag so I've saved that for some other project. I just wanted to show you the owl first because I really like it.

But here's the story of the rag: I found so wonderful book for Emma (actually we got it for free from the library because it's a bit broken, our library is the best) and I absolutely love the pictures in it. They are so colourful and bright, plus I like cats. So I wanted to make that cute cat on the rag.


I'd want to post a picture of every page of that book, but I think you'd agree with me from the two pictures above that it's pretty cool. I used old cotton blanket for the rag and I really like the end result.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that I simply LOVE the owl! I wish I could make something like that, maybe for a canvas bag or something (I've got to admit that I've had a thing for owls since I was a baby.. :)

    And your rag looks way to beautiful to be called a rag. Sorry, but it had to be said.

    Thanks for posting all these nice pictures here! It is nice to see you when it is not otherwise possible :)

    Hugs,
    Suvi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a super lovely comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails